Prepare to enter a world of both shadow and substance

Take a journey of body, mind and spirit where you'll encounter things you won't find anywhere else.

Monday, March 10, 2008

IBM 704 And Me

This is just a short post because I want to mention a project I'm working on that I hope to upload soon. I am currently compiling an album of early computer music, and it goes back to the early days of the 1950's and 1960's when computers were first being programmed to play and sing music. This is an exciting project for me and I hope it will be received well. As a sort of preview for this project, I now offer a track from the album which you won't be able to find anywhere else. And I do mean anywhere. It features a duet sung by a 1962 IBM 704 computer, like you see pictured above, and myself. Yes, you heard right! A duet sung by an IBM computer "voice" and my voice harmonizing together and performing the old standard Daisy, Daisy (A Bicycle Built For Two). I ask you - where are you going to find entertainment of such high and unusual quality but right here on this blog? Download this track from the forthcoming compilation album entitled "A History Of Computer Music," featuring the IBM 704 computer and myself singing Daisy, Daisy (A Bicycle Built For Two). You won't want to miss this one (zero zero one)! If this project sounds interesting, please don't hesitate to drop me a line about it in the comments section.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

I just thought of something. This recording is like all those old songs of Elvis' that they take and add new instrumental backing and/or mash up and release to new generations.