Prepare to enter a world of both shadow and substance

Take a journey of body, mind and spirit where you'll encounter things you won't find anywhere else.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Big Guns


Did I ever mention I used to play trumpet in a jazz band? If not, I did so for a period in 2001. I wish that band had never broken up, but it was only comprised of parents that had gotten together to perform at their children's school. I really loved that group. In memory of my belated jazz career, I'm rolling out the big guns on this track. (Notice the witty tie-in with the picture above.) Here is yours truly performing the classic jazz road song Route 66. It features me playing the piano and guitar, and I'm even the entire horn section! Plus, I get to play all the solos, which is always fun. Please enjoy this interpretation of Route 66, by Kenneth Dwain Harrelson.

No comments: